Modern Milk Farm with long-standing tradition
StartUp company 1908
The Milchhof Albert was established in 1908 by Adam Albert in Bamberg. The initial quantity of milk was 8 liters per day and increased almost at a daily rate. By rail and horse carts the milk was brought into the near vicinity of Bamberg and into the factories in the city center.
In the first years only fresh milk and butter were produced, later the production of cheese and yoghurt was added. The production grew steadily and in 1956 the Milchhof Albert founded its first branch. Further expansions followed in 1976, 1986 and 1992. In 1978 the company moved to Scheßlitz near Bamberg.
The company today
With the 2004´s expansion of the warehouse as well as the renewal of the tank loading station and tank truck cleaning hall together with a new administrative unit, our Milchhof has risen into the top ten German H milk manufacturers.
As the sole milk producer in Franconia, the company supplies the bulk of the Franconian shops and warehouses of the grocery retail trade with frischli products or H milk in the corresponding market décor.
Today, the daily milk supply is about 680,000 liters originating from 300 suppliers in Bavaria, Saxony and Thuringia. The company employs professionals in the areas of production, logistics, distribution and producer advice. Our flat enterprise hierarchy makes an effective and unbureaucratic workflow possible.
We also work with different partners, who bring the raw milk from the producers to us and on the other hand deliver the products to national or international stores.
Our dairy farm meets daily the high requirements in the dairy industry and fulfills the following certified quality standards:
- IFS Food
- Without genetic engineering
We do everything we can to ensure that you are able to enjoy the healthy milk and the milk-produced food.